IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langgaards Vej 7
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Desk: 72185000
Summary and Research Interests
Hej! I serve as an Assistant Professor in the Business IT Department of the IT University of Copenhagen since April 2017. In my current research, I study blockchain-enabled creative work on next generation social media platforms. In the past and ongoing, I studied emergent human practices in the context of digital innovation. I am generally interested in studying phenomena related to the design, development, and use of innovative information systems in organizations. I am open to many different research methodologies, but I am mostly familiar with qualitative research (interpretive field studies, interviews, coding, grounded theory) and design-oriented research.
- since April 2017: Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Business IT Department, IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2014-2017: Research Assistant and PhD Student at the Department of Informatics, University of Zurich. Dissertation topic: “Digital Innovation: People, Practices Tools”.
- 2012-2014: Master studies in Information Systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik) at University of Zurich. Doctoral Fast Track. Thesis topic: "Innovation Practices in the Software Industry". Graduated with summa cum laude. Besides, I worked as a Software Engineer (40-100%) at Avaloq in Zurich, Switzerland.
- 2008-2012: Bachelor studies in Information Systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik) at University of Hohenheim, University of Stuttgart, (Germany) and University of Bologna (Italy). Thesis Topic: "NegoWS - The Negotiation Support Web Service", awarded with the Alma Mater Stuttgart Award for Outstanding Bachelor Theses. Part-time working student at the Chair of Information Systems 1 (WI1), University of Hohenheim.
- Born and raised 1988 in Hechingen, Germany.
Current Teaching Activities
Courses and Seminars:
- IT-Enabled Process Improvement, 15 ECTS, Spring, Bachelor in Global Business Informatics (GBI)
- Process Innovation, 15 ECTS, Autumn, Master in Digital Innovation Management (DIM)
- Feel free to contact me if you are interested in writing a bachelor or master thesis in Process Innovation, Digital Innovation Management, IS Development, Software Engineering, or related areas.
Office hours for students:
- Every Wednesday 13:00-14:00, or just book an appointment via mail.
Ciriello, R.F., 2017. Digital Innovation: People, Practices, Tools. Forthcoming Dissertation, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
Ciriello, R.F., Richter, A., Schwabe, G., 2017. From Process to Practice: Towards a Practice-Based Model of Digital Innovation. Full Paper, in: 38th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2017). Seoul, South Korea.
Ciriello, R.F., Richter, A., Schwabe, G., 2017. When Prototyping Meets Storytelling. Practices and Malpractices in Innovating Software Firms. Full Paper, in: 39th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2017). Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Ciriello, R.F., Richter, A., Schwabe, G., 2016. Designing an Idea Screening Framework for Employee-driven Innovation. Full Paper, in: 49th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2016). Hawaii, USA.
Ciriello, R.F., Richter, A., 2015. Idea Hubs as Nexus of Collective Creativity in Digital Innovation. Full Paper, in: 36th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2015). Fort Worth, USA.
Ciriello, R.F., Richter, A., Schwabe, G., 2015. PowerPoint Use and Misuse in Digital Innovation. Full Paper, in: 23nd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2015). Münster, Germany.
Ciriello, R.F., 2015. Software Innovation Practices. Doctoral Consortium of the 12th International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI 2015). Osnabrück, Germany.
Ciriello, R.F., Aschoff, F.-R., Dolata, M., Richter, A., 2014. Communicating Ideas Purposefully - Toward a Design Theory of Innovation Artifacts. Full Paper, in: 22nd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2014). Tel Aviv, Israe
Ciriello, R.F., 2014. Innovation Practices in the Software Industry. Doctoral Consortium of the 35th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2014). Auckland, New Zealand.
Ciriello, R.F., Hu, D., Schwabe, G., 2013. Identifying Patterns of Idea Diffusion in Innovator Networks. Research-in-Progress Paper, in: 34th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2013). Milan, Italy.
- digital innovation, information systems, qualitative research, practices, software engineering
Research outputs (2)
Research output: Research - peer-review › Article in proceedings
Research output: Research - peer-review › Conference article
Recent activities and conferences