Culture & Technology
Organisational unit: Research Group
IT University of Copenhagen
Rued Langgaards Vej 7
DK-2300 Copenhagen S
The CULT research group is focused on research into culture and technology, especially (but not limited to) user culture and communication technology. Our research engages with how humans evoke meaning and transform culture through technology, design and content. This kind of research is vital for audience and user knowledge, and in design processes, that can make the difference between wasted efforts and durable change for the better.
The interests in the CULT research group evolve around five interconnected themes:
- Social formations (variations and rhythms of user cultures)
- Play (mischievous and playful forms of user engagement)
- Ethics, rituals, and norms (negotiations of online cultural practices)
- Creative expressions (user-generated content of all forms)
- Affective formations (patterns of affective expressions across platforms).
Thus, we engage actively and critically with innovative and challenging online phenomena, establishing a language through which we can research and discuss new online culture.